As baby daddy, I’m better than many husbands –Timaya

Hip hop star, Ebitimi Odom popularly known as Timaya , has said that baby
daddies are usually better fathers than many husbands in Nigeria .
Speaking exclusively with Saturday Beats , the ‘ Dem mama ’ crooner fondly
nicknamed Egberi Papa by his teeming fans , said that while many young men ,
who became fathers by impregnating their unmarried lovers show more care to
babies produced through such copulations , many married men lacked the capacity
to show love or affection to their children .
According to the musician,
beyond what many people
actually think , baby daddies , as
men , who father children
without having married the
mothers are often referred to ,
have proven to be better than
those that had consummated
their unions .
“ People fail to understand that
a lot of baby daddies are better
fathers than a lot of husbands .
The kind of role I play in my
children ’ s life , I don ’t think
some husbands do that .
“ I have time for my children , I love my children but some married men don ’ t even
have time for their kids . They don ’ t show their kids love , they don ’ t know what it
means to be a father . It doesn ’ t have anything to do with money ; it ’ s about love
and attention .
“ Even my daughter sometimes wonders why I make babies if I was not ready to
get married yet but I tell her that if I don ’ t make babies then she won’ t be born .
“ My life is in stages , I don ’ t think I want to get married now . It is not something I
would want to venture into for now, ” he said .
While revealing the real reason he mostly wears bathrobes these days , the Bayelsa
State- born artiste, told Saturday Beats the idea is just a new way he found to
express himself without holding anything back .
“ The bathrobe is not a fashion statement . A lot of people know I dress well and
even appreciate my style and fashion sense .
“ The bathrobe thing started one morning when I woke up . I told myself that I am
not trying to impress anybody and that I needed to be me . I am a happy man , I am
fulfilled, I can wear my bathrobe to anywhere . I was on bathrobe during the
Headies Awards and I also travelled from Nigeria to Turkey wearing it too .
“ As humans, we should attain
certain heights in life before taking
certain decisions . It ’ s not like Timaya
does not have clothes and shoes to
wear, it ’ s just a sign of fulfilment .
“ Modern slavery is not about the
white people and what they do to us ,
it is you imprisoning yourself by
trying to impress people and
bothering about what they would say
about you.
“ I don ’ t think any musician has the
kind of clothes I have but I don ’ t have to prove anything to anybody . Young
people try to impress others and that ’ s why their lives are filled with problems, ”
he said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija: Tobi's eggplant could be the reason some female housemates want to "die there" (photos)

Argentine Star Player, Lionel Messi Reveals Why Super Eagles Will Be Tough Team To Play

I know how to read, strong members of the senate bewitch me, i was attack by some spiritual forces--- IGP Idris