Ekiti election: I can’t afford to lose her vote, Fayemi says, as card reader rejects wife’s PVC

The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in the Ekiti State
governorship election, Kayode Fayemi , has said that he could not afford not to
have his wife’ s vote, saying it ’ s one vote he could not afford to lose .
Fayemi ’ s wife, Erelu Bisi , had difficulty voting at ward 11 unit 09 , Isan Ekiti , as
the card reader failed to recognise her card.
The governorship candidate had
voted at 10 .23 am and his wife
was to vote immediately after ,
but the card reader failure
delayed her voting .
While speaking with journalists
after he had cast his vote,
Fayemi said that his wife ’s vote
was one he could not afford to
lose .
He said , “ My wife’ s card did not
register for some reasons , but
the INEC officials are sorting it
out .
“ That is a very important vote I don ’ t want to lose for any reason . Her vote must
count . Her name is on the register , so there is no issue of impersonation. ”
Fayemi also noted that he had heard of skirmishes in some parts of the state , but
said generally , the reports showed that the election had been peaceful so far .
“ This is the day that the Lord has made , and we will rejoice in it .
“ I have just voted in my unit in Ishan Ekiti . It is relatively peaceful and smooth .
“ My card was recognised and I was accredited.
“ The turnout is huge in my
community . Everyone conducted
themselves in proper manner in
order not to be disenfranchised.
“ I have heard news of skirmishes
and card reader problems, but there
is relative peace in many places .
“ It is too early to judge now, ” he
said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija: Tobi's eggplant could be the reason some female housemates want to "die there" (photos)

Argentine Star Player, Lionel Messi Reveals Why Super Eagles Will Be Tough Team To Play

I know how to read, strong members of the senate bewitch me, i was attack by some spiritual forces--- IGP Idris