Any actor that owns a house in Lekki, VI, is into something else, Aremu Afolayan alleges

At a time when many actors are opting to own choice houses in posh parts of
Lagos , popular actor Aremu Afolayan is not convinced that they made their money
through the craft.
The actor told Saturday Beats that Nigerians are quick to believe anything especially
once it is on the internet but the truth is that most actors driving big cars most
likely got their money from influential people.
He said , “ By the way , I live my
life , people tend to think that I
am the richest Yoruba actor,
but that is a lie . Nigerians
assume a lot . I live in a rented
apartment because I cannot
afford to build one . When they
see me buy a new car , they
don ’ t know if I paid for the car
in instalments ; instead they call
me a big boy . What type of big
boy lives on N 50 , 000 or
N 100 ,000 income per film as an actor ? I challenge any Nigerian actor that is living
larger than life to state how they made their money because I am sure it is not
from the movies they make . I am talking about both the English and Yoruba
actors . If they like , they can say they make N 5m per film , they cannot afford to
build or buy a house at Lekki or Victoria Island or Ikoyi. It is impossible . They
should call out mathematicians to figure it out . It is a lie . It is because they meet
some influential people that give them businesses or they have side businesses.
Since we do not all meet such people or make the kind of money they make
through these people , we just have to be content with what we have . In my life , I
have never seen an ‘ educated illiterate ’ country like Nigeria. Nigerians are very
gullible when it comes to judging other people ’ s lifestyle since they do not know
anything , they assume . Then social media came and it made things worse . ”
The filmmaker who is often referred to as one of the most controversial actors in
the industry for his outspoken nature told Saturday Beats that he was shocked
when Nigerians tagged him as a homosexual simply because a picture of him
pecking a man surfaced online . He said that at a time, Nigerians called him a
gigolo. Now, they are referring to him as gay simply because of a publicity stunt .
“ I went to a store with a friend to pick up a wristwatch I had been paying for in
instalments . My friend was taking pictures when I told him that we should cause
trouble on social media with a picture of me pecking him . When I posted the
picture , it went viral within 15 minutes . In fact , we were still in the store when
the picture went viral . I was shocked that Nigerians would even conceive the idea
that I am gay because I love women . Anybody can be gay and I mean no
disrespect to them but as for me , the picture was just done for publicity stunt . I
never knew it would go viral that fast .
“ People call me a gigolo; how come I do not have money ? I know a lot of people
that are gigolos and they are doing fine. If they say I am an actor and gigolo, why
would I have to sell a car in order to afford another car ? What is wrong with me
buying Versace and Ferragamo? Why would I be a gigolo and not dress like a posh
boy ? Why would I be wearing slippers everywhere I go ? So why should I answer
the people calling me a gigolo? I do not have to convince anyone; when I know
that at the end of the day , I would not waste my time convincing you about
anything . You can think about anything you like but I am not here to convince
anyone, ” Afolayan said .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija: Tobi's eggplant could be the reason some female housemates want to "die there" (photos)

I know how to read, strong members of the senate bewitch me, i was attack by some spiritual forces--- IGP Idris

'I feel very, very bad for Kanye West, he is not well' - Wendy Williams speaks on the rapper's bizarre recent behavior