World Cup: Argentina game do-or-die, says Musa

Deadly Ahmed Musa struck two stunning goals to sink Iceland 2- 0 on Friday and
then promised to do the same to Lionel Messi ’ s Argentina in Tuesday ’ s Group D
showdown .
The Leicester City striker , currently on loan at CSKA Moscow , became the first
Nigerian to score at two World Cups as the Super Eagles secured a crucial win
over Iceland , who missed a penalty.
He scored both goals in Nigeria’ s group stage 3 - 2 defeat to Argentina in Porto
Alegre , Brazil , four years ago and is relishing the chance to do it again .
But this time he hopes it will
knock out the South Americans .
“ I think scoring against
Argentina isn ’ t that difficult for
me ,” he smiled after his man -
of - the - match performance in
Volgograd. “ We know the
importance of the game . It ’s do -
or- die .”
The African side will secure a
spot in the knockout stage
alongside Croatia if they beat
Argentina .
A draw would be enough to eliminate the Argentines but would leave Nigeria’ s
fate resting on the outcome of Iceland ’ s game against Croatia which kicks off at
the same time.
Musa also scored twice for Leicester in a 4 - 2 pre - season friendly defeat against
Messi - inspired Barcelona two years ago and said he always scores when up
against the Argentine superstar .
“ I can remember four years ago when Messi played in Brazil I scored two goals , ”
he recalled .
“ And when I transferred to Leicester I played against Barcelona and he ’ s on the
pitch and I scored another two goals .
“ So I think next game anything can happen — possibly I ’ m going to score another
two goals ,” he laughed .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija: Tobi's eggplant could be the reason some female housemates want to "die there" (photos)

Argentine Star Player, Lionel Messi Reveals Why Super Eagles Will Be Tough Team To Play

I know how to read, strong members of the senate bewitch me, i was attack by some spiritual forces--- IGP Idris