Girls twerking on stage don’t excite me –Patoranking

Singer Patrick Okorie , aka Patoranking, has performed on a lot of stages around
the world . Every time he performs, it is almost certain that there would be female
dancers with him on stage . However, the Suh Different singer has said he doesn ’ t
get excited about such acts . He said , “ Whenever I am on stage , it is all about
music for me and I give my full concentration . As a performer , whenever I mount
the stage , it ’ s like someone else takes over . Girls, dancing with me on stage , are a
part of the performance ; so , I don ’ t get carried away . One has to be professional at
all times , otherwise you would fumble . The dancers are also professionals ; they
know what they are doing .”
On if there is any special woman in his life at the moment , Okorie said , “ Right
now, my focus is on my music and advancing my career. By the grace of God , I
have been very busy lately ; travelling from one place to another. I practically
don ’ t even have time for myself because I still have a long way to go .”
Taking a trip down memory
lane to the beginning of his
career, Patoranking said , “ To be
candid , it wasn’ t easy . I really
went through a lot and suffered
rejection before getting to
where I am today . As a matter
of fact , I started as a dancer
and I used to perform at
carnivals ; I also won several
awards. There is no such thing
as overnight success . You have
to work hard for whatever you
want because nobody would
hand it over to you on a silver
platter . Before I became very
popular, I was quite prominent in the underground scene as I used to perform at a
lot of shows and collaborate with other artistes . ”
Speaking on what drives his artistry, the singer said , “ I like to speak for people
who don ’ t have a voice . I grew up in the ghetto and I know how tough life can be.
I make sure that I don ’t forget that by shining light on pertinent issues . I also like
to touch on diverse issues and if you listen to my songs , you would agree that I
cannot be confined into a box .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija: Tobi's eggplant could be the reason some female housemates want to "die there" (photos)

I know how to read, strong members of the senate bewitch me, i was attack by some spiritual forces--- IGP Idris

'I feel very, very bad for Kanye West, he is not well' - Wendy Williams speaks on the rapper's bizarre recent behavior